Re: pgsql: New SQL functons pg_backup_in_progress() and pg_backup_start_tim - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgsql: New SQL functons pg_backup_in_progress() and pg_backup_start_tim
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> wrote:
> New SQL functons pg_backup_in_progress() and pg_backup_start_time()
>
> Darold Gilles, reviewed by Gabriele Bartolini and others, rebased by
> Marco Nenciarini.  Stylistic cleanup and OID fixes by me.

How well is the term "on-line exclusive backup" really settled with
people? I wonder if we need to add a specific note to the docs saying
that the function doesn't consider streaming base backups at all, and
that one should refer to pg_stat_replication for info about those? Or
really, should the function be pg_exclusive_backup_in_progress()
perhaps?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/