Re: Some restructuring of the download section - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Some restructuring of the download section
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> As I've said previously, it's mainly been from people who aren't on
>>> our lists, so I can't easily point there. I know it's up on the lists
>>> every now and then as well, but it's getting too late in the evening
>>> to spend time searching for that.
>>>
>>> I've heard it from customers. I've heard it from people I've met at
>>> conferences. I've heard it in IRC channels. I've heard it in
>>> usergroups.
>
> One other thought - presumably the people telling you this are not
> reading the bold text that's there at the moment? Which probably means
> those people aren't reading the rest of what's there either, so
> there's likely not much we can do to help them.

Well, it's certainly gone down since the warning was added :-) A
number of them had just done it, found the problem, fixed it
themselves and then took a chance to report it once they ran into
someone who actually works on the site...

> In other words, maybe they aren't the best people to consider when we
> think about anything other than simplifying those pages.

That's a pretty good point though, that still holds at least partially :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/