Re: replication commands and log_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: replication commands and log_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-06-11 13:42:58 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Replication commands like IDENTIFY_COMMAND are not logged even when
> > log_statements is set to all. Some users who use log_statements to
> > audit *all* statements might dislike this current situation. So I'm
> > thinking to change log_statements or add something like log_replication
> > so that we can log replication commands. Thought?
> >

> +1. I think adding a separate parameter is the way to go.

Why? I can't really see a case where the log volume by replication
connections is going to be significant in comparison to 'all'?

Yes, but how would you specify for example "i want DDL and all replication commands" (which is quite a reasonable thing to log, I believe). If you actually require it to be set to "all", most people won't have any use at all for it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/