Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 12:04 PM Fujii Masao
<masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2021/04/23 18:46, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> Thanks for the patch! LGTM.
> >
> > Agreed, in general. But going by the example a few lines down, I
> > changed the second part to:
> >          True if the query was executed as a top level statement
> > +       (if <varname>pg_stat_statements.track</varname> is set to
> > +       <literal>all</literal>, otherwise always false)
>
> Isn't this confusing? Users may mistakenly read this as that the toplevel
> column always indicates false if pg_stat_statements.track is not "all".

Hmm. I think you're right. It should say "always true", shouldn't it?
So not just confusing, but completely wrong? :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/