Re: Stopping link spam on the lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Stopping link spam on the lists
Date
Re: Stopping link spam on the lists  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 18:55, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>>> +1, but I wonder if that matters - are these compromised accounts,
>>> or simply throwaway ones?
>
>> Does it matter?  As long as they're spamming us more than once --- and
>> they are --- zapping them would be worth doing, I think.
>
> Well, if they were only doing it once, then it wouldn't matter. If
> they were not established accounts, we could also look into
> hardening our subscription process a bit. Since they appear to
> not be newly minted accounts, it's a moot point.
>
> Of course, as usual, all of this talk is pretty pointless as the
> main person who should be involved here, Marc, is not subscribed
> to -www, last I heard. :(

He's not, but our incoming email no longer passes through the hub.org
antispam, and Alvaro has a decent clue on how the remaining pieces are
stitched together. (Work in progress to clean it up further, of
course, just currently on hold as alvaro has been  busy with the CF
work)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/