Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:

> AFAIK travis-ci would require us to use github as our hoster for all those
> things, and embrace that workflow, they don't support anything else.
>
> There might be others that do, just not travis.

It merely requires the repository to exist on GitHub, and postgresql.git
is already mirrored to https://github.com/postgres/postgres.  If there
was a .travis.yml in the repo, people who fork it could easily enable
Travis-CI for their fork, even the official repo isn't hooked up.

That's true. It would require a bunch of additional branches to make it useful in core though, but it śeems like it could be a useful thing for people to enable in their own personal forks/branches if they use github for their largest feature development. Could be a good idea to for example ave an example yml file somewhere on the wiki that people could put into their branches.