Re: Use of term hostaddrs for multiple hostaddr values - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Use of term hostaddrs for multiple hostaddr values
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 5:34 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

While looking at the documentation of libpq, I have noticed that the
term hostaddrs is used to qualify multiple values of hostaddr. This
looks incorrect to me, as this is not the name of a connection
parameter. Please find attached a patch to address this
inconsistency. One error message is also touched, impacting
translability.

These are both clear bugs, and the docs one should definitely be both applied and backpatched.

How much do we care about the error message when it comes to backpatching? Maybe we should leave that one to 11 only, to avoid breaking that, as the way it's written it's actually less wrong there.

Thoughts?