Re: replication commands and log_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: replication commands and log_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2014-06-11 14:22:43 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Yes, but how would you specify for example "i want DDL and all replication
> commands" (which is quite a reasonable thing to log, I believe). If you
> actually require it to be set to "all", most people won't have any use at
> all for it...

That's a reasonable feature request - but imo it's a separate
one. It seems pretty noncontroversial and simple to make
log_statement=all log replication commands. What you want - and you're
sure not alone with that - is something considerably more complex...

I'm just saying if we're going to do it, let's do it right from the beginning.

Or are you suggesting this would be something we'd backpatch? Given the lack of complaints about it, I'd rather suggest we don't backpatch anything, and instead make the correct feature in the first pace for the next release.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/