Re: Blogspot links in the Planet policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Blogspot links in the Planet policy
Date
List pgsql-www

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 11:10 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2021, at 10:51, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> I think the only other thing to consider would be to drop the blogpost section completely. Surely this is not a "frequently asked question" about planet postgresql. It was at one time, but it 's been a very long time since we saw anything like that. Blogspot is kind of a... thing of the past?

There might not be any new ones coming in, but there are still 55 blogspot
hosted blogs in the feed which is more than I expected.

More than I expected too. Now you made me look in the db :)

11 of those 55 blogs have posted something in 2021.

However, only 1 was added in 2021. 2 were added in 2020. 1 in 2019 and 1 in 2018. You have to go back to 2013 to find a year with more than 2 new blogspot urls added :)

> And if we want to keep it it should probably go somewhere else than in the poblicy. Everything else in the FAQ is about the actual policy, except for this one which is a technical question about one particular provider.
>
> So a +1 for fixing it, but a +5 for moving it somewhere else or just plain removing it.

Interesting timing going on here; I wrote an email and then went and did the
commits, when pushed and returning to emails I had received this.  At least the
page is fixed while discussing this =)

The only reasonable place to move it to would be the Wiki, and unless we link
to it from somewhere it's unlikely to ever be found again.  If we're not just
removing it, maybe putting on Planet itself would be an option?:

    https://planet.postgresql.org/add.html

Already added blogs don't need the information, it only applies to new ones so
the Add page makes the most sense IMO.

Either the add page or not at all, agreed.  If we want to add it somewhere I wonder if there are some other platforms that are more used today that should receive a similar treatment...