Re: Blogspot links in the Planet policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Blogspot links in the Planet policy
Date
List pgsql-www
> On 8 Oct 2021, at 10:51, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> I think the only other thing to consider would be to drop the blogpost section completely. Surely this is not a
"frequentlyasked question" about planet postgresql. It was at one time, but it 's been a very long time since we saw
anythinglike that. Blogspot is kind of a... thing of the past?

There might not be any new ones coming in, but there are still 55 blogspot
hosted blogs in the feed which is more than I expected.

> And if we want to keep it it should probably go somewhere else than in the poblicy. Everything else in the FAQ is
aboutthe actual policy, except for this one which is a technical question about one particular provider.

> So a +1 for fixing it, but a +5 for moving it somewhere else or just plain removing it.

Interesting timing going on here; I wrote an email and then went and did the
commits, when pushed and returning to emails I had received this.  At least the
page is fixed while discussing this =)

The only reasonable place to move it to would be the Wiki, and unless we link
to it from somewhere it's unlikely to ever be found again.  If we're not just
removing it, maybe putting on Planet itself would be an option?:

    https://planet.postgresql.org/add.html

Already added blogs don't need the information, it only applies to new ones so
the Add page makes the most sense IMO.