Re: Choosing an index on partitioned tables. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Choosing an index on partitioned tables.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 10:51 AM Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be fair Timescale also adds some other features which might be
> useful.  For example they add some SQL enhancements like last value
> and auto maintaining materialized views and such. The automatic
> management of partitions is also pretty big plus in my opinion.  You
> can get some of the equivalent functionality by writing stored procs
> and deploying pg_cron but it's nice to have those things built in.

If you want automatic partition management, look at pg_partman. No
need to write your own procs and deploy with cron.

And FWIW, in reference to the discussions about AWS, it is supported on RDS.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/