Re: BUG #7606: service restart failed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #7606: service restart failed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM,  <jameshunter@163.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      7606
> Logged by:          James
> Email address:      jameshunter@163.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
> Operating system:   CentOS 6.2
>
> When I modify the "listen_addresse" from 'localhost' to '*', postgresql
> service restart failed.
>
> postgresql.conf like below:
> # - Connection Settings -
> listen_addresse='*'    # what IP address(es) to listen on;

Seems you've spelled listen_addresses wrong. If you look in your
logfile, it should clearly tell you what the reason for not starting
is - which in this case is that PostgreSQL has no idea what
"listen_addresse" is, since it's spelled wrong.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/