Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
Date
Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups  (David Steele <david@pgmasters.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Marco Nenciarini <marco.nenciarini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
Hi Magnus,

Hi!

First, again my apologies for completely missing that you had posted this review!

I've finally found some time to take a look to the patch.

It applies with some fuzziness on master, but the result looks correct.
Unfortunately the OID of the new pg_stop_backup function conflicts with
"pg_blocking_pids()" patch (52f5d578d6c29bf254e93c69043b817d4047ca67).

Fixed, thanks!

After changing it the patch does not compile:

It compiles fine for me, and with no warnings.

gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv
-Wno-unused-command-line-argument -g -O0 -g -fno-omit-frame-pointer
-I../../../../src/include
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -c -o xlog.o
xlog.c -MMD -MP -MF .deps/xlog.Po
xlog.c:10000:19: error: use of undeclared identifier 'tblspc_mapfbuf';

Eh. There is no presence of "tblspc_mapfbuf" after the patch. I think it looks like the "applies with fuzziness" actually wasn't correct, and you ended up with bad code with a mix of the old and the new code in it.

I've attached an updated patch, which is rebased on current master and includes the oid fix.

--

Attachment