Re: leaking lots of unreferenced inodes (pg_xlog files?), maybe after moving tables and indexes to tablespace on different volume - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: leaking lots of unreferenced inodes (pg_xlog files?), maybe after moving tables and indexes to tablespace on different volume
Date
In response to Re: leaking lots of unreferenced inodes (pg_xlog files?), maybe after moving tables and indexes to tablespace on different volume  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: leaking lots of unreferenced inodes (pg_xlog files?), maybe after moving tables and indexes to tablespace on different volume  (Dan Thomas <godders@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
<girgen@FreeBSD.org>writes:<br /> > > ... I got lots of space freed<br /> > > up, but it seems that
>Hm.  We've seen issues in the past with PG processes failing to close<br /> > no-longer-useful files promptly,
suggeststhere's something else going on.<br /> ><br /> > > The unreferenced inodes are almost exclusively
yougot any sort of WAL archiving active, and if so maybe that's<br /> > holding onto WAL files?  Not that it's clear
brieflydid not help, I tried that.<br /> ><br /> > That seems to point the finger at some non-postgres cause.  I
discoverablewith fsck sounds like a filsystem bug to me. Particularly since it showed up just after a operating system
upgrade,and doesn't go away with a postgres restart... <p dir="ltr">/Magnus