Re: Useless dependency assumption libxml2 -> libxslt in MSVC scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Useless dependency assumption libxml2 -> libxslt in MSVC scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> But I don't understand the reason behind such a restriction to be
> honest because libxml2 does not depend on libxslt. The contrary is
> true: libxslt needs libxml2.

Right.

Pretty sure this goes back to *our* XML support requiring both. As in you couldn't turn on/off xslt independently, so the "xml requires xslt" comment is that *our* xml support required both.

This may definitely not be true anymore, and that check has just not been updated.

Also this was 10 years ago, so I'm of course not 100% sure, but I think it was something like that...