Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: msgtxt.php archive links broken
Date
List pgsql-www

http://www.postgresql.org/list/message-by-id.php?q=CAK3UJRGZfoRJsVBuhwQMAQbk1MPXx5TdOq24NxqCCGB4zQ3Ezg%40mail.gmail.com/

>> Exactly what was the original URLs you guys tried? Becuase both those
>> look like the result of having been rewritten/redirected... (Possibly
>> incorrectly so..)
>
> Well, I got the first link as the first hit from a Google search
> result (I googled for "pdfjadetex multiple runs links").  Google still
> has a cache of that page, so surely it must have worked at some point.

Ugh. So we still have examples left of where google indexed pages that
should have never been let outside of a robots.txt realm in thef irst
place :( We had multiple parts of the archives indexed multiple times
around.

But no, it's not the first link you get. You get a link to
archives.postgresql.org, that then redirects there... (with googles
fucked up javascript-only redirection, not an actual http redirection
even.. But I guess they have to track you properly..)

Anyway. Since it's clearly out there, I've fixed the redirect rules
for it. Will deploy shortly.

> The second link I posted, I dug up from my inbox:
>   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20100109045606.GG3635@alvh.no-ip.org

That one is also suffering from the escaping-of-messageid's issue.
That's double-unpretty :)