Re: missing files because versioning? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: missing files because versioning?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 3:24 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 3/22/23 10:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> By definition it's unnecessary given we don't use it :-) it's not much
> traffic on the server side though, but it certainly seems like something
> worth optimizing for client side improvements if it's easy enough to do.
> At least unless it turns out to be ugly or invasive against something else.
>
> So it sounds like completing that patch is worthwhile.

I have it ready to go -- it's just removing:

"/*# sourceMappingURL=bootstrap.css.map */"

and the like from the minified files. I haven't posted it because it's a
1.5MB diff for a 3 line change (yay minified code).

But if there are no objections, I can push it.

Hmm. So it requires actually modifying the upstream import, that makes it a lot more annoying for future imports etc. I don't like that idea at all.

Maybe the better option then is to just migrate over to using assets.postgresql.org to increase the cache hits on them, stick the proper map file in there, and rely on 304s.

//Magnus