Re: Git lag - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Git lag
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On 10 March 2013 18:54, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's really weird, because that commit did show up on
>>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git
>>> almost immediately.  I had the idea that gitweb was looking at the
>>> same anonymous-access git repo that non-committers should pull from.
>>> Maybe there's a third repo involved?
>>
>> There's not, but there is some caching that can happen if you're
>> pulling the repo via http (I forget the exact details). Try using the
>> git:// URL instead Thom.
>
> Ah okay, yes, changed my .git/config to use git:// and all is well
> again.  Sorry for the noise.

Not at all - Dave is actually at least partially wrong here, and I'm
pretty sure I broke something. There were stil some issues before with
http pulls, but they have unfortunately been made quite a lot worse :)
I'll look at getting that sorted as soon a I can.

Basically, there used to be an update issue. But now that we do full
caching on the data, the fixes that are in there to work around the
previous issue, don't necessarily work anymore...