Re: [HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 3:43 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Huong Dangminh
<huo-dangminh@ys.jp.nec.com> wrote:

>> > Hmm, you've got a point. But when we changed the default values
>> > related to replication we dropped some explicitly settings from the
>> > regression test code.
>>
>> Looking at the patch. This is fine:
>> -  # Change a setting and restart
>> -  $node->append_conf('postgresql.conf', 'hot_standby = on');
>> -  $node->restart();
>>
>> But not that:
>>          print $conf "wal_log_hints = on\n";
>> -        print $conf "hot_standby = on\n";
>>          print $conf "max_connections = 10\n";
>>
>> This is a minor point though.

After some thoughts I agree to remain it in the perl code.

> Thanks, I attached the update patch.

So it looks good to me.

Looks good to me as well. Applied, with only a minor further docs addition saying that this is the default also on the high availability page. And per the comments from Michael, I did not include the change to PostgresNode.pm.

Thanks!