Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-www
settingup a new PostgreSQL ubuntu server, and was kind of<br /> > > stunned by the unnecessary complexity of the
installinstructions at<br /> > > <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/">http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/</a>. Also,
theydon't work.<br /> ><br /> > > If we're going to move our users to <a
href="http://apt.postgresql.org">apt.postgresql.org</a>,we really need<br /> > > to provide a PPA for easy
install. Until we do that, we shouldn't<br /> > > deprecate Martin's backports, which are easy to install and
tobe clear:<p dir="ltr">Martin is a part of the "we" that does the deprecation. <p dir="ltr">And we're not deprecating
hispackages. We are only deprecating the ppa through which they were distributed, in favor of a different channel.
(whichalso brings other things) <p dir="ltr">/Magnus