Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA  (Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>)
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Folks,
> I was just setting up a new PostgreSQL ubuntu server, and was kind of
> stunned by the unnecessary complexity of the install instructions at
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/.  Also, they don't work.

> If we're going to move our users to apt.postgresql.org, we really need
> to provide a PPA for easy install.  Until we do that, we shouldn't
> deprecate Martin's backports, which are easy to install and well-maintained.

Uh ... why would we be "deprecating" Martin's packages at all?
        regards, tom lane