Re: More efficient build farm animal wakeup? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: More efficient build farm animal wakeup?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 11:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2022-11-21 Mo 15:58, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But if we're trying to improve matters in this area, this doesn't seem
>> like quite the way to go.

> Well, 5 minutes was originally chosen because it was sufficient for the
> purpose for which up to now the server used its mirror. Now we have
> added a new purpose we can certainly revisit that. Shall I try 2 minutes
> or go down to 1?

Actually, if we implement a webhook to update this, the server could
stop doing speculative git pulls too, no?

That would be the main point, yes.  Saves a few hundred (or thousand) wasteful git pulls *and* reacts quicker to actual pushes. As long as you have a clear line of communications between the machines, it's basically win/win I think. That's probably why, as Thomas noticed earlier, that's what "everybody" does.