Re: relocating the server's backup manifest code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: relocating the server's backup manifest code
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 5:43 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Despite the fact that we are after feature freeze, I think it would be
> a good idea to commit this to PG 13. It could be saved for PG 14, but
> that will make future back-patching substantially harder. Also, a
> patch that's just moving code is pretty low-risk.

+1 in principle --- I didn't read the patch though.

Same here, +1 in principle. This is not a new feature, this is "polishing a feature that was added in 13", and doing so now will save a lot of work down the road vs doing it later.