Re: pg_receivexlog stops upon server restart - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_receivexlog stops upon server restart
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, April 6, 2012, Thom Brown wrote:
Hi,

I've tried out pg_receivexlog and have noticed that when restarting
the cluster, pg_receivexlog gets cut off... it doesn't keep waiting.
This is surprising as the DBA would have to remember to start
pg_receivexlog up again.

This is intentional as far as that's how the code was written, there's not a malfunctioning piece of code somewhere.

It would probably make sense to have an auto-reconnect feature, and to have an option to turn it on/off.

If you haven't already (my wifi here is currently quite useless, which is why I'm working on my email backlog, so I can't check), please add it to the open items list.

//Magnus

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/