Re: Bug tracker tool we need - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 08:12, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think this cleraly outlines that we need to remember that there are
>> *two* different patterns that people are trying tosolve with the
>> bugtracker.
>
> Yeah, remember we drifted to this topic from discussion of management of
> CF patches, which might be yet a third use-case.  It's not obvious that
> it's the same as tracking unfixed bugs, at least; though maybe the
> requirements end up the same.
>
>> Any tool we'd go for should aim to cover *both* usecases.
>
> Not convinced that we should expect one tool to be good at both
> (or all three) things.

True.

That means that it's more important than ever that whatever tools are
used "plays well with others". Which in my experience very few of the
existing trackers out there actually do. That can of course have
changed since I last looked, but I have been very discouraged
previously when looking, both for in the postgresql context and in
others.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/