Re: [HACKERS] port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] port of INSTALL file generation to XSLT
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 12/31/16 07:33, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Borka being a standard debian jessie install has Pandoc
> 1.12.4.2~dfsg-1+b14. Should be no problem installing that.
>
> I ran a "make INSTALL" on a jessie box, and it comes out with some
> formatting still in the file, see attachment. That seems incorrect.

It appears we need pandoc 1.13 to get the good output.  This won't be
available until Debian stretch.

So for PG10, I propose the attached revised patch which keeps using lynx
but uses xsltproc instead of jade.

It is available for people not using debian though? Might it be worthwhile to make it dependent on the version of pandoc -- so use that method if people have the newer pandoc and fall back to lynx if they don't?