Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Information of pg_stat_ssl visible to all users
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2015at 4:23 AM, Peter Eisentraut <<a href="mailto:peter_e@gmx.net">peter_e@gmx.net</a>> wrote:<br /> > > On
8/31/159:13 AM, Andres Freund wrote:<br /> > >> I'm just saying that we should strive to behave at least
somewhat<br/> > >> consistently, and change everything at once, not piecemal. Because the<br /> > >>
latterwill not decrease the pain of migrating to a new model in a<br /> > >> relevant way while making the
systemharder to understand.<br /> > ><br /> > > Well, we already hide a fair chunk of information from
pg_stat_activity<br/> > > from unprivileged users, including everything related to the connection<br /> > >
originof other users.  So from that precedent, the entire SSL<br /> > > information ought to be considered
informationin pg_stat_activity, like datname, usename and<br /> > application_name, or simply hide completely those
writtenfor postgresql... <p dir="ltr">We're going to have to do that eventually, but I think we should wait until we
havea complete solution (which would be either column permissions, monitoring role, or something like that (or
combinationthereof)). <p dir="ltr">/Magnus