Re: replacing expresion in plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Juan Pablo L
Subject Re: replacing expresion in plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi i m working with timestamp cause i need the time too. i tried your solution and it works perfectly, it just does not adjust to my problem. thanks a lot for the answer.

On 15 December 2013 18:17, Andreas Brandl <ml@3.141592654.de> wrote:
Hi,

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----

> Hi, i have a function that receives a parameter which represents
> days:
>

> FUNCTION aaa_recharge_account(expdays integer)
>

> i want to add those days to the CURRENT_DATE, but i do not know how
> to do it, i have tried several ways to replace that in an expresion
> like:

assuming you want to add expdays days to the CURRENT_DATE, you can just use + arithmetic of date:

# SELECT CURRENT_DATE + 5 as in_the_future_after_5_days;
 in_the_future_after_5_days
----------------------------
 2013-12-21
(1 row)

> newexpdate := CURRENT_TIMESTAMP + interval '$1 days' using expdays;
> (newexpdate is declared as timestamp)
>

> and many more but none work, can someone please help me to find out
> how can i replace that parameter into an expression that i can add
> to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or any other way that i can accomplish what i
> need which is to add that parameter to the current timestamp.
> thanks!!!

Check this out:

# select current_timestamp, current_timestamp + interval '2' day;
              now              |           ?column?
 2013-12-16 01:16:19.783235+01 | 2013-12-18 01:16:19.783235+01
(1 row)

AFAIK that should also be SQL compliant.

Regards,
Andreas