Re: 9.3 release notes suggestions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: 9.3 release notes suggestions
Date
Re: 9.3 release notes suggestions  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Thanks for the many suggestions on improving the 9.3 release notes.
> There were many ideas I would have never thought of.  Please keep the
> suggestions coming.

Some observations:

1. "Allow CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS to succeed for a non-existent schema"

This should be DROP TABLE IF EXISTS. Clearly CREATE cannot succeed
without a schema :)

2. "Dramatically reduce System V shared memory usage"

I find this description misleading. When reading for the first time,
it sounds as if Postgres memory usage is reduced, but it's actually
just using different kind of shared memory.

How about "Use mmap() instead of System V shared memory on Unix systems"

Regards,
Marti