Re: Autonomous subtransactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: Autonomous subtransactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 21:43, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> (I do realize that allowing subtransactions to commit out of order
>> also makes it failure prone)
>
> Uhm?  You can't "commit" savepoints out of order.  You can "release" an
> older one, but then all the ones following it disappear and can't be
> released separately.

We're confused about the terminology already :)

I was talking about "autonomous subtransactions" as in COMMIT
SUBTRANSACTION from the proposal. Earlier I commented that it would be
nice if the syntax didn't require autonomous transactions to be
strictly nested.

Regards,
Marti