Re: 9.1 causing "out of shared memory" error and higher serialization conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: 9.1 causing "out of shared memory" error and higher serialization conflicts
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 19:16, Randy Ficker <randyficker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most writing transactions are using the REPEATABLE READ isolation
> level (the SERIALIZABLE level is not used at all).

Are you 100% sure about this? A major thing that changed in 9.1 was
implementation for proper SERIALIZABLE isolation, which could indeed
cause the sort of errors you described. Previously, asking for
SERIALIZABLE level gave you REPEATABLE READ.

As far as I can tell, the max_pred_locks_per_transaction setting is
irrelevant for isolation levels lower than SERIALIZABLE.

What's your default_transaction_isolation set to?

Regards,
Marti