Re: Text-any concatenation volatility acting as optimization barrier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: Text-any concatenation volatility acting as optimization barrier
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 18:20, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
>>> Patch attached (in git am format). Passes all regression tests (except
>>> 'json' which fails on my machine even on git master).
>
>> Can you provide the diffs from the json test on your machine?  I don't
>> see any build-farm failures off-hand...
>
> I'm seeing diffs too after applying Marti's patch: instead of "z", "b",
> etc, the field labels in the json values look like "f1", "f2", etc in
> the output of queries such as

Sorry, my bad. I guess I got the two versions (patched and unpatched)
mixed up. Indeed this difference disappears when I remove my patch.
I'll have to be more careful when checking regression diffs in the
future. :)

Regards,
Marti