Re: ML archives caching 404 results - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: ML archives caching 404 results
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> The default is 4 hours though, which might be a bit of an
> overkill. But how should would it have to be to deal with the scenario
> you're outlining?

Ideally it would appear immediately, but something like 10 minutes
would be a lot less annoying than 4 hours.

>> Another solution would be to somehow shoehorn a cache key into 404 result
>> pages, but that smells of hack
> Yeah, that's definitely ugly.  We could do something like "purge all
> 404's whenever a new email arrives", but that seems quite ugly...

Can we purge by URL from pgarchives like we do in pgweb? We could go
"simple and stupid" and just purge /message-id/.../ on the receipt of
any message.

Regards,
Marti