Re: Best backup strategy for production systems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: Best backup strategy for production systems
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Borislav Ivanov <bivanov@atlassian.com> wrote:
> If your database is relatively small, I would recommend
> http://www.pgbarman.org/. It does binary backup and will take care of your
> WAL files. The laster version of pgbarman can also take backups from a slave
> using pgespresso extension. Note that pgbarman runs over streaming
> replication protocol.

I would advise against barman for smaller installations. The setup is
complicated and there are too many moving parts (requires SSH hole
punching in two directions AND a streaming replication connection). I
found WAL-E to be much easier to manage.

Regards,
Marti