Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I wrote:
> Attached is an updated patch for HEAD that I think is about ready to go.
> I'll start making a back-patchable version shortly.

Here is an only-lightly-tested version for 9.2.

Looks good at a glance. I wonder though if it would have been better to have IndexSetValid/IndexClearValid family of macros instead of the index_set_state_flags kind of a machinery, purely from consistency perspective. I understand that index_set_state_flags also takes care of opening the catalogue etc, but there are only two callers to the function and we could do that outside that.

May be too late since we already have the patch committed to HEAD.

Thanks,
Pavan