Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 11:19 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

I searched and didn't find any similar existing tests. Can we think of
any other way to test this code path? We already have one copy test in
toast.sql, isn't it possible to write a similar test here?

Yeah, I wasn't very confident about this either. I just wrote it to reduce the test footprint in the reproducer. I think we can simply include a lot more data and do the copy via stdin.

Alternatively, we can reduce logical_decoding_work_mem minimum value and run the test with a smaller value. But that same GUC is used to decide spilling txn to disk as well. So I am not sure if reducing the compile time default is acceptable or not.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee