Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:

If you're not planning on making any further changes, would you mind
posting a coalesced patch?

Notice that I removed the last offset thing only halfway, so it would
need some cleanup.

Here is an updated patch. I removed the last offset caching thing completely and integrated your changes for conditional lock access. Some other improvements to test cases  too. I realised that we must truncate and re-insert to test index fastpath correctly.

Thanks,
Pavan

Attachment