Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm thinking there could be contention on some lock somewhere.

Can you attach the benchmark script you're using so I can try to reproduce it?

I am using a very ad-hoc script.. But here it is.. It assumes a presence of a branch named "btree_rightmost" with the patched code.

You will need to make necessary adjustments of course.

Thanks,
Pavan

Attachment