Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2018/03/23 3:42, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> A slightly improved version attached. Apart from doc cleanup based on
> earlier feedback, fixed one assertion failure based on Rahila's report.
> This was happening when target relation is referenced in the source
> subquery. Fixed that and added a test case to test that situation.
>
> Rebased on current master.

I tried these patches (applied 0002 on top of 0001).  When applying 0002,
I got some apply errors:

The next patch would create the file
src/test/isolation/expected/merge-delete.out,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]

I managed to apply it by ignoring the errors, but couldn't get make check
to pass; attached regressions.diffs if you want to take a look.

Thanks. Are you sure you're using a clean repo? I suspect you'd a previous version of the patch applied and hence the apply errors now. I also suspect that you may have made a mistake while resolving the conflicts while applying the patch (since a file at the same path existed). The failures also seem related to past version of the patch.

I just checked with a freshly checked out repo and the patches apply correctly on the current master and regression passes too. http://commitfest.cputube.org/ also reported success overnight.

Btw, is 0001 redundant with the latest patch on ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE
thread?  Can I apply just 0002 on top of that patch?  So, I tried that --
that is, skipped your 0001 and instead applied ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE
patch, and then applied your 0002.

Yes.  I should probably rebase my patch on your v9 or just include the relevant changes in the MERGE patch itself to avoid any dependency right now. Will check.

Thanks,
Pavan