Re: missing LockBuffer(buffer, BUFFER_LOCK_SHARE) in trigger.c GetTupleForTrigger? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: missing LockBuffer(buffer, BUFFER_LOCK_SHARE) in trigger.c GetTupleForTrigger?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Hm? It doesn't move the page contents around but it moves the ItemId
array during completely normal operation (c.f. needshuffle in
PageAddItem). Or am I missing something?

I think that probably only used for non-heap pages. For heap pages, it just doesn't make sense to shuffle the ItemId array. That would defeat the entire purpose of having them in the first place.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee