Re: Status of the startup process post end of recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: Status of the startup process post end of recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-03-04 18:21:50 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
>> If we do that,
>> what would be the best place to add that code ? I was thinking adding
>> that to CreateCheckpoint() itself so that the status is displayed at
>> all relevant places.
>
> That might be confusing for example in CREATE DATABASE.

Yeah, you're right. StartupXLOG() seems to be a better place in that
case. We can set it before calling CreateCheckpoint() and set it back
to "" once checkpoint finishes. Or we can also set it to report the
next action such as "running recovery_end_command", but not sure if
any step beyond CHECKPOINT would really take long enough to be worth
caring for.

Thanks,
Pavan

--