Re: Geographical multi-master replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ruben Rubio Rey
Subject Re: Geographical multi-master replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeremy,

> Why don't you consider upgrading from postgres 9.4 and with it to a supported version of BDR?  There is nothing better you can do to keep your infrastructure up to date, performant, secure, and actually meet your multi-master needs than to upgrade to a newer version of postgres which does have BDR support.

This is something that we have definitely thought of. That would be a good alternative but I have an strong feeling that the business won't be willing to pay for it. The cost of the paid BDR version, in comparison with the current fixed expenses of the infrastructure, are just too large. That's why we are researching alternatives.