Re: Pre-processing during build - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Pre-processing during build
Date
Re: Pre-processing during build  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
John> and that stuff NEVER gets updated until the equipment is replaced.

That is cool. However, that means you don't care if pgjdbc drops
updates for JDK6, do you?

My theory is as follows: if there is a nice "decay of download rate",
then we might have a bit more educated guess on "the number of
supported JDKs"

Dave> I provide professional services to companies that do

Ok, let's try supporting JDK6.

So, the next step is to start from
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/322 and try to split it into
several maven submodules.

The interesting question is if we want to those submodules (jdbc4,
jdbc41, jdbc42) to be public (in other words, allow users depend on
them) or if we consider them a pure implementation detail.
In the latter case, we might want to have some fixed name of the
module that includes the latest driver.

I would prefer to have a single artifact in the "public API" that
includes all the jdbc versions.

Vladimir