Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: Alias hstore's ? to ~ so that it works with JDBC
Date
List pgsql-hackers

The thing is PostgeSQL JDBC driver should be able to parse sql in order to tell if specific question mark is a bind variable or it is inside string literal, or it is inside of some comment.

I do not believe JDBC spec forces to treat all ? as bind placeholders. That's unusable.
Oracle JDBC allows having ? symbols in comments and string literals without any special escapement.