Re: ResultSet storing all rows with defaulftFetchSize to 5000 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: ResultSet storing all rows with defaulftFetchSize to 5000
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
>(Yes, we do support WITH HOLD.)

Oh, is it something available through extended query protocol?

The documentation says "If successfully created, a named portal object lasts till the end of the current transaction, unless explicitly destroyed", however I just hope it is a documentation bug and one can create a named portal that can survive transaction end.

I don't think explicit "fetch ... from ..." is a workable solution for pgjdbc as it would incur high overhead (both maintenance, and performance):
1) declare ... binary is either full-binary or full text. pgjdbc implements just a subset of binary formats
2) `fetch ...` cannot be prepared, so I expect more network traffic and parse/execute overhead
3) Reimplementing "frontend" from "ExtendedQuery" to "Declare/fetch" is a great amount of work

Vladimir