Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vladimir Sitnikov
Subject Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data
Date
Re: [JDBC] Reading and writing off-heap data
List pgsql-jdbc
>I've submitted a PR [3] that introduces a Tuple class as a wrapper to pass around, which then allows us to do more interesting things with the data.

I wonder how would you wire things since "new Tuple" is created before "new ResultSet", so it would be not that trivial to call user code (enable user to read bytes off the wire) from there.

On the other hand, if you postpone processing the tuple till resultSet is fully initialized, then Tuple would not differ from byte[][] much.

Vladimir