Re: How to use daterange type? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: How to use daterange type?
Date
List pgsql-general
2013/3/17 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using postgresql 9.2.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how can I use daterange type in my database
> that is supposed to be a school calendar.
>
> I did the followings at the postgresql command prompt:
>
> create database schoolcalendar;
> create table semester_1 ( schooldays daterange );
> insert into semester_1 values ( '[2012-09-01, 2012-12-24]' );
>
> So how can I use this table further eg. to get dates of the school days
> but without Saturdays and Sundays?

I don't think there's a built-in way of doing that. You could write a function
which takes the daterange as an argument and iterates between the
daterange's lower and upper bounds but skipping dates which are
Saturdays and Sundays.

Regards

Ian Barwick