Postgres 9.3 and SELinux - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Nate
Subject Postgres 9.3 and SELinux
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
I'm hope this is the right place to report. I had to make some changes
to the file contexts in order to make Postgres 9.3 work in my
environment (64-bit CentOS 6.5, SELinux)

Below is the pertinent output of semanage -o -:

fcontext -a -f 'all files' -t postgresql_initrc_exec_t
'/etc/rc\.d/init\.d/postgresql-9.3'
fcontext -a -f 'all files' -t postgresql_exec_t '/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin/postgres'
fcontext -a -f 'all files' -t postgresql_db_t '/var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data(/.*)?'
fcontext -a -f 'all files' -t postgresql_log_t
'/var/lib/pgsql/9.3/pgstartup\.log.*'

My understanding of SELinux is rudimentary, so I may have missed some
necessary rules, but these are the minimum that made it work in my
environment. I believe this stems from the YUM packages not installing
Postgres in the locations CentOS expects?