Re: Removing support for < 7.4 servers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Removing support for < 7.4 servers
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> And here is the wiki page:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ODBC_Updates_with94
> Feel free to ping me if you think that modifications are required, or
> to modify the page directly...
Just to keep everybody updated, I have done some progress for that:
- Cleanup of the #ifdef ODBCVER blocks
- Removal of all references to ~7.4 servers in documentation
- Removal of code paths for ~7.4 servers (ksqo, etc.)
- Renaming of column PRECISION to COLUMN_SIZE in pgtypes.c
- Reorganization and grouping of info*.c, odbcapi*.c, pgapi*.c
All those things are organized in different commits in the fork of
odbc I am keeping on github to facilitate future merge, and pass all
the regression tests including the latest ones committed.

The following things are still unclear to me:
- What to do with PG_INTERVAL_AS_SQL_INTERNAL? It is said that
applications using that got broken.
- odbc.sql, odbc-drop.sql and inouealc.c do not seem mandatory in the code tree.

About the regression tests, all the things I got in mind are done,
committed thanks to Heikki. Only remains the support of regression
tests on Windows.
Regards,
--
Michael