Re: BUG #13644: 2xRecovery without new writes, causes archiving failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13644: 2xRecovery without new writes, causes archiving failure
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Amir Rohan wrote:
> DETAIL:  The failed archive command was: test ! -f
> /var/lib/pgsql/archive/00000002.history && cp pg_xlog/00000002.history
> /var/lib/pgsql/archive/00000002.history

That's a symptom that the second node already selected timeline 2, my
first guess is that the restore_command for the second node recovered
failed to get 00000002.history because it may have been set
incorrectly.

> I expected the last server to create timeline 3, but it looks as if it
> thinks it's timeline2. While in terms of data it's at the same WAL point,
> in terms of events, it should be at timeline 3. That's what I make
> of it anyway.

I am not able to see any problems with neither 9.5 nor HEAD, when
recovering the second node in your scenario, it fetches correctly
00000002.history from the archive in my case and the node is able to
select the timeline 3 when recovery is pointing to select the latest
timeline.
--
Michael